Thanks for your interest in applying for Exec Staff.
Exec Staff Applications must be completed before September 30 of the year prior to your service. All applicants will be notified prior to November 1.
This is a tough gig that will challenge you in huge ways. 20% of our Exec Staffers do not return...because it really is a huge challenge on so many levels.
On the other side of that is the enormous impact you can have as an exec staffer. Your work, preparation and decisions will directly impact the lives of 350+ staffers and 3000+ students for the glory of Jesus. It is a cool honor and a huge responsibility...but one that is hard to replicate.
In the midst of your summer pursuit of Jesus, you will make some life long friendships that you will cherish forever. It's a hard summer, but it is an amazing one.
Things to know:
- You will need to move to Shreveport 2 weeks before camp and plan on staying at least one week after camp. We will help you locate a place to stay.
- We will help with a small compensation to offset some bills, food, etc, but it's not a job you will want for the money.
- We need you to be at the Fuego Christmas Party, in Shreveport
- We will have one training weekend that we will try to schedule around as many things as possible.
- I really hate the selection process, as everyone that has applied has always been an asset to Fuego...our biggest problem is a limited budget. When we go through the selection process, we start with the prior year's Exec staff and then we determine which areas need to be filled...then look for the Exec Staff Applicants that will best fit that area. For instance, if we are losing someone that has handled Fuego Fun and you are not really passionate about that area, it only make sense to find someone who is passionate about it...makes sense? It's a tough process, so please offer us grace in the decisions.
- If you want the full experience, it is about a three year minimum. In that amount of time, you will have acquired enough experience and information, to pretty much run your own camp or event really well and with plenty of confidence. I promise.