Thank you so much for applying to join the Fuego Staff! If you LOVE Jesus, you know how to work HARD and you are not whiny, you are exactly the kind of person we hope to have on staff.
If you are currently in your senior year of high school and at least 17, you are eligible to apply to staff the Middle School Weeks. If you have been out of high school more than one year and at least 18 at the time of application, you are eligible for all weeks of Fuego...but you may be selected for 1 or more.
Keep in mind that Fuego is made up of a volunteer staff (other than a few seasonal exec staff positions), but we are also very aware of the honor that God has provided to us when we are allowed to minister in His name..which means we must be super selective in the approval process. The information you provide, will help us to do our best in putting together another fantastic summer staff.
A few things to know:
- We will begin contacting applicants with the results in October of the year before camp, the process can last through January.
- If you apply after December, allow about 30 days for a response.
- Our biggest delay in the determination process is not hearing back (or no response) from your references. Encourage them to respond quickly.
- This is a really cool way to do mission work that does not consume your entire summer and still allows you to do other ministries, which is why we can usually offer you an alternative week, if the original week we offer does not work out for you.
- Once you accept our invitation, we do take that as a commitment. If you make that commitment and then back out, your application is usually not consider in the future (unless there is some unforeseen emergency....that stuff we get). God is allowing us to be involved the lives of over 3000 students...we are grateful...and we want to respect that honor. If we call you and you don;t think you can commitment, then please just tell us, "no." It's okay to say, "no" just don't say, "Yes" and then back out. Fair enough?
Thanks for applying!